At Tenacre Country Day School ("Tenacre"), your privacy is important to us and we take important steps to protect the privacy and security of your information.
1. Types of Information We Collect
In order to better serve you with our Sites, we may collect the following categories of information through the Sites.
This may include (i) contact information you provide (such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, or phone number), (ii) transactional and payment information, such as if you make a donation, (iii) any subscription preferences if you receive communications from us, (iv) any surveys you respond to with feedback, and (v) Online User Activity as described below.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person's consent to provide such information and to permit us to use it in accordance with this policy.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including to:
- Provide the Sites to you, provide the services offered through the Sites or otherwise by Tenacre, manage any transactions (e.g., donations), and provide other important notices;
- Respond to your requests, questions and comments;
- Monitor the performance of our Sites including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Tailor the content we display through the Sites and in our communications, including any content or advertising that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our Sites, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies and our contractual rights.
- We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Sites.
3. How We Share Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances.
We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Sites, payment processors, marketing partners, and other service providers). We only provide such vendors with information so they can perform their required functions on our behalf.
If you voluntarily share or submit any content for public posting through our Sites (e.g., picture, story, commentary), or link it to any social media platforms, that post and any content or information associated with it may become available to the public.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users or the public.
4. Confidentiality and Security
When you submit a request or communication on our Sites, we may need certain information from you. For example, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and/or demographic information if you choose to complete any online forms used for class registration, special events and promotions or appointment requests, or to provide feedback about the Sites. While no use of the Internet is 100% free of risk, Tenacre maintains an information security program designed to protect our users' personal information.
5. Online User Activity (Cookies, Tracking, and Interest-Based Advertising)
We, our service providers, and advertising partners may collect certain information about your device and use of our Sites by automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels and other similar technologies ("Online User Activity").
These technologies can be implemented by Tenacre or by third-party products or services we use (such as from Google or Facebook). "Cookies" are small data files that online services can store on, and retrieve from, a user's computer or mobile device through the web browser. The information is stored and retrievable either for the duration of a website visit (known as "session" cookies), or until some later point in time set by the website dropping the cookie (known as "persistent" cookies). Cookies are very commonly used by websites and most browsers are configured by default to accept cookies.
When you use the Sites, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage details about your interaction with our Sites (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Sites (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number); and
- General location information if your device shares information about its location.
Cookies and these other technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our Sites. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, and determine what Sites are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Sites whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Our Sites work with who help us track and analyze visitor activity on the Sites, measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts, and support the optimization of our digital marketing campaigns.
Tenacre may deploy the Facebook Pixel on some informational webpages. The Facebook Pixel may enable Facebook to match website visitors with their Facebook User Accounts. You can find out more about how Facebook uses data when you visit our Website by visiting Facebook's Data Policy page, "What kinds of information do we collect? > Information from partners
Most browsers allow the visitor to reject cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features our Sites provide. Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track ("DNT") mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
6. Donor Information Collection and Use
When you make a gift to Tenacre through a physical (e.g., check) or electronic form of payment, your email address and mailing address will be entered into our donor database. If you opt in, we may send you emails or mailings in the future informing you of other giving opportunities or providing news about Tenacre.
7. Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
If you choose not to receive any further communication from us, please call us at 781-235-2282 during our business hours or via mail at 78 Benvenue Street, Wellesley, MA 02482. You may also use any unsubscribe option we provide with a communication.
8. Online Advertising
You may see us advertising on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that online advertising service do not always provide us with complete information about the platforms or website on which our advertising may appear. If you believe that our advertising is being displayed through websites or channels that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us as directed on our Contact Us page.
9. Links to Other Websites or Content
Our Sites may contain links to other websites, apps or online services, including social media. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites, apps or online services, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of any other website, app or online service that collects personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our Sites. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will endeavor to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as directed below.
11. International Data Transfers and Use
12. Contacting Us
Last updated July 20, 2022.