Part-time Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 2
Tenacre Country Day School is seeking a part-time lower school instructional technology specialist for the 2022-2023 school year. Tenacre’s mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day. Everything we do is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of homeroom and special subjects, along with other activities. As a school dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre values the importance of teaming with grade-level teachers, the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We provide our teachers with numerous professional development opportunities and a collegial atmosphere. Tenacre values diversity and inclusiveness in our curriculum and our school community, and we expect all members of the community to contribute positively to the school experience.
As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind.
Instructional Technology SpecialistQualifications:
At Tenacre, we want our students to experience technology instruction that develops skills in logic, sequencing, programming, and design thinking, while also focusing on mastery of software and hardware tools. Interdisciplinary projects support the application of technology skills and help students use technology to demonstrate understanding. In addition to providing direct instruction, our instructional technology specialist will have the opportunity to design new curricula and participate in overall program development.
- Experience teaching technology at the elementary school level
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of platforms
- Ability to promote a positive learning environment that includes behavior management techniques appropriate to the needs of students in PK-2
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement diverse curriculum
- Facilitate and inspire student learning
- Develop innovative lessons to challenge 21st-century learners
- Plan, develop and execute lessons for age-appropriate academic technology skills, programming and coding, and design thinking
- Teach internet safety including personal responsibility for technology use
- Collaborate with the instructional technology specialist for grades 3-6 and colleagues in other disciplines; integrate lessons with existing STEM curricula
- Assist in implementing technology in PK-2 classrooms
- Write student reports
- Participate in related duties such as recess and lunch supervision
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Head of School
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Tenacre Country Day School considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, creed, veteran or uniformed service status, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.