Goals and Outcomes of Summer Camp
First and foremost, we want our campers to have a fun summer while they develop self-esteem, learn to be more independent, and make new friends! It’s important that our campers enjoy their experience and want to come back to camp. Our staff strive to ensure that all campers are having fun and feel comfortable and safe so that they get the most out of our programming.
WE OFFER OPPORTUNITIES THAT DEVELOP A CAMPER’S SELF-ESTEEM
- Each camper will participate in at least one activity that promotes self-esteem such as low or high challenge course elements, sports, swimming, or archery.
- Campers participate in name games on Monday that allow everyone to get to know one another and build a stronger community.
- Older campers (entering 2nd – 6th grade) have 2 choice activities in the afternoon.
- The nurturing and friendly staff positively encourage their campers throughout the camp day and encourage all campers to participate in the camp activities on a daily basis.
WE PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE CAMPERS CHALLENGE THEMSELVES AND LEARN NEW SKILLS
- All campers participate in 2 or more activities that motivate them to try something new during the week. These activities might include crafts, sports, dance, yoga, swimming, ropes course, and archery.
WE HELP CAMPERS BUILD THEIR SOCIAL SKILLS
- Campers interact with each other, and they learn about each other, and create friendships in a small camp environment.
- The staff encourage children to reach beyond their group of friends and expand their friendship circle.
WE HELP CAMPERS INCREASE THEIR INDEPENDENCE
- Campers are away from home and they are experiencing something new! The nurturing environment sets expectations, and campers rise to the occasion and become more responsible and independent.