Tenacare Country Day School
Top 10 Reasons for Choosing Tenacre
- Tenacre embraces the elementary years. We love working with 4 to 12 year olds in our small, intimate 10-acre setting. An enrollment of only 192 children allows the staff to know all the students and parents. And conversely, the students to know all the staff.
- Tenacre is an independent school, one which you choose because we align with your values and can support your child's particular needs.
- Tenacre is a coeducational school. Tenacre believes that coeducation is a way for boys and girls to experience learning and working together… a microcosm of the real world.
- We have a clear, concise mission: “Tenacre Country Day School nurtures and challenges each child, every day.” We know who we are and focus on what we do best.
- Developing critical thinkers, confident learners, and caring citizens: Our goal for every student.
- Experienced and dedicated teachers: "Your child will leave Tenacre well-rounded and prepared for the next stage of their education.” “Children learn how to interact with teachers and advocate for themselves. A life skill." - Tenacre parents
- Team Teaching: We have a team of two teachers in each homeroom, ensuring that your child will be well known and allowing for flexible groupings, plus a low student-to-teacher ratio.
- Strong arts/specials curriculum: Children participate in a rich mix of art, music, science, computer, Spanish, library, and physical education on a weekly basis.
- Participation: We believe in the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life.
- A strong, inclusive community, where every child can feel safe and appreciated. "Tenacre is a close-knit community... like an extension of your family." "Tenacre is a nurturing and loving environment." - Tenacre parents