Tenacare Country Day School
Quick Facts about Tenacre
- 192 students are enrolled at Tenacre.
- Tenacre has a 6:1 student-to-faculty ratio in the classroom.
- 23 local communities are represented at Tenacre.
- 29% of students come from diverse backgrounds.
- Every student in Grades 1-6 has 60 minutes of math instruction Monday through Thursday.
- Every student in Grades 1-6 has a 90-minute literacy block, which includes reading, spelling, writing, and grammar, Monday through Thursday.
- Students start to learn Spanish in kindergarten.
- All Tenacre classrooms have SMARTBoards, projectors, and document cameras to enhance the learning experience.
- Tenacre is a wireless campus.
- Tenacre's Rendell Library has 11,000 books, periodicals, and nonprint materials.
- Tenacre offers an after-school program for Pre-kindergarten through Grade 6.
- Fifth and sixth graders participate on interscholastic sports teams in the fall, winter, and spring.
- Tenacre's school colors are green and white.
- Tenacre's mascot is the Tenacre Tiger.
Among Tenacre’s many traditions developed over its 100-year history, is Orchard Day. On this special day, all students gather to honor the graduating class in song and poetry. The Sixth Grade helps the First Grade plant “their” tree in the orchard.
Tenacre is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Education Records Bureau (ERB)
- Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB)
- Elementary School Heads Association (ESHA)
|Chip Riegel is the principal photographer of the Tenacre website. Photos are property of Tenacre Country Day School and are not distributable for any reason. Please do not copy and use them on any other website. Thank You.|