Summer 2021 & COVID-19
First and foremost, we are planning to have camp this summer! Camp may look different with lower capacity, social distancing, group pods, and extra safety measures, but all the great parts of camp we love will be the same.
We will be using protocols based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the American Camp Association (ACA) and the Massachusetts Department of Health, and in direct consultation with the Wellesley Department of Health. We are committed to working in partnership with our families to create the safest environment for our entire camp community as a whole.
Please note that camp program hours and dates are subject to change based on public health protocols.
Capacity Limits for Summer 2021
As a precautionary measure this summer, we will be opening registration with reduced capacity. Thus, we expect our sessions to fill quickly for summer 2021. Should the regulations change, we are prepared to expand capacity for campers in each group/pod.
Slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis in each of the phases. We highly recommend submitting your registration as early as possible to secure a spot.
PHASE 1: December 7th - 20th
Registration for families that rolled their 2020 camp deposit forward. Families in Phase 1 will be given priority registration, and are eligible for last year’s pricing.
PHASE 2: December 30th - January 8th
Priority registration is given in Phase 2 for families that were signed up for any camp weeks this past summer, and did not roll their deposit forward, but requested a refund. 2021 camp prices apply.
PHASE 3: January 14th
Registration for NEW families will open on January 14th. 2021 camp prices apply.
As we engage in our 2021 planning process, we will be keeping the most important thing in mind - our campers!
- Camper & Staff Screening
- Pods: self contained group of campers
- To maintain a healthy camp community, we may make changes to how we put together camp groups/pods. We may keep campers age 7 and older in gender-specific pods. We may create pods based on age and not grade. This may be a shift to how we have done it in the past, but it will still be a great camp experience.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection protocols
- Mandatory handwashing and sanitization protocols
- Social distancing practices will be maintained between groups/pods
- Face coverings and masks will be worn according to CDC guidelines
- Symptom Management & Safety Plan
- Staggered window of time for drop-off and pick-up
We understand that swimming is a favorite activity for many campers, and an important part of the Tenacre Day Camp experience. We may be unable to offer instructional swim this summer due to social distancing requirements. Also, swimming for our younger age groups (3-4 year olds) will be allowed only if the state and local guidelines allow for close contact. Recreational swimming for other ages will operate as the scheduling and guidelines allow.
At a minimum, campers must attend a two-week session. At this time, we are not able to accept single-week enrollments. In an effort to keep our camper groups/pods consistent, the summer sessions are sold as two-week blocks and cannot be split up.
- Session 1: June 28 - July 9th (closed on Monday, July 5th)
- Session 2: July 12 - July 23
- Session 3: July 26 - August 6
- Session 4: August 9 - August 2o
We plan to offer our June Swim Lesson Program for two weeks: June 14 - 18 and June 21 - 25. Registration for the June Swim Program will open in the spring. If we are able to offer our Rising Star Sports program in June, we will let you know in the spring.
Camp HoursRegular Camp Hours (We anticipate needing to stagger arrival and dismissal times for all programs.)
FULL DAY: 8:25am - 3:15pmFOURS: 8:25am - 3:15pm Mon, Wed, Fri / 8:25am - 1:00pm Tue & ThursTHREES: 8:25am - 1:00pm Monday - Friday
Extended Afternoons for 3 and 4 year olds (1pm - 3:15pm)Enrollment for Extended Afternoons is pending. This program is typically offered for our 3 year olds (Monday - Friday) and 4 year olds (Tuesdays & Thursdays). We do plan on offering extended hours if guidelines allow; we are waiting on more direction from the state that we expect to receive in March. Once we have a better picture, we will allow families to sign up for Extended Afternoons. We predict that Extended Afternoon availability will be limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Aftercamp Child Care (3:15pm - 6:00pm)Enrollment for our Aftercamp child care program is pending. We do plan on running the Aftercamp program if guidelines allow; we are waiting on more direction from the state that we expect to receive in March. Once we have a better picture, we will open up registration. We predict that Aftercamp availability will be limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
We are not currently offering Specialty Camps due to COVID-19 capacity limitations. We will absolutely re-evaluate this if new guidance is released.
Lunch / Food Service
We are currently evaluating lunch for purchase. This information should be available in January/February.
- Threes Program (3 year olds): $1,180 per two-week session
- Fours Program (4 year olds): $1,390 per two-week session
- Full Day Program (Entering K - 6th Grade): $1,430 per two-week session
2021 Deposits & Payments
A deposit of $200 per session is required at the time of registration (unless you were a family that rolled your deposit forward).
- The deposits paid during Phase 1 and Phase 2 are refundable until February 1st. The deposits paid during Phase 3 (January 14th and forward) are refundable until March 1st.
- 50% of the balance is due March 15th.
- Full Payment is due by April 15th. After April 15th, no refund will be given.
- Should a family choose to cancel enrollment, refunds would be subject to our regular cancellation policy that can be found in the Terms & Conditions section of our online application. However, in the event that we cannot safely operate our summer programming in 2021 and Tenacre cancels prior to the beginning of summer sessions, families will be eligible for a full refund.
- If it is not medically safe for your child to attend camp (due to their health or a family member’s health), please contact the camp director about a credit for summer 2022.
Participating in camp if your child or someone in your immediate family is immunosuppressed
Individuals who are immunosuppressed or live with someone that is immunosuppressed should consult with their doctor before deciding whether or not to participate in camp. Though we are taking steps to keep Camp safe this summer, Tenacre is not able to guarantee that a person at our camp will not be exposed to COVID-19. During the pandemic, participating in a camp program is not recommended for individuals with known vulnerabilities that put them at greater risk. Please contact the Camp Director if you have any concerns.
The camp office staff is taking necessary precautions and working remotely as much as possible. For the fastest response, please email email@example.com.
We are very excited to officially open registration for summer camp 2021 and start the countdown to have you all with us again! We hope this email helps to provide some clarity on our 2021 season. As circumstances and guidance related to operating camp evolve, our plans may also shift accordingly, and we will keep our families closely informed. Stay tuned for updates, and please be in touch any time you have questions.
Thank you for your ongoing trust,
Libby, Barb and Marcie