TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT GRADES 4, 5, & 6
Join us at our Open House, which will focus on Tenacre’s curriculum for Grades 4, 5, and 6. Information on grades Pre-K to 3 will also be available. All are welcome.
Registration in library
- Two of our students share their sixth grade leadership experiences at Tenacre.
- Gr. 3-6 music teacher Emily Yandoh details how a production goes from the classroom to the stage.
- Gr. 4-6 Science: Science teacher Leah Staffier explains how students in the upper grades are introduced to more abstract concepts and are challenged to design and conduct experiments that answer questions and solve problems.
- Gr. 5 teacher Maggie Scannell describes how the writing program in fifth grade helps students evolve as writers.
- Math Coordinator Kevin Mahoney discusses Tenacre’s Singapore-based math program in the upper grades, and points out features that make it stand out in comparison to typical American curricula.
- Head of School Chris Elliot welcomes visitors and briefly explains Tenacre's mission, program, and philosophy of "embracing the elementary years."
Tours and classroom visits. Current families will be available in Wells Playhouse to answer questions informally. Sam Reece will be available to walk families through the Financial Aid application process.
Teachers, administrators, current parents, and trustees are available to talk with families.
We hope to see you!