Tenacre is a relatively small school with 192 students in Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade and has a staff of 60. There are two teachers in every homeroom, plus special subject teachers for art, computer, library, music, PE, science and Spanish. Tenacre also has resource teachers for reading and math, a learning consultant and a technology coordinator. We have our own custodial/maintenance staff and also have our own food service staff. Supporting the operation of the school are the academic, admission, business and development offices.
Tenacre has a warm, friendly work environment. All staff are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities throughout the year, from community service projects with students to talking with the students about a hobby or trip during an assembly, or even attending "tadpole graduation" with the Third Grade in the Spring! Everyone on the staff works to enhance the learning experience of the children from direct teaching, to maintaining the facilities, to providing a nutritious lunch each day. All staff are considered valuable members of the Tenacre community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.
|Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations|
Tenacre Country Day School seeks an experienced, dynamic Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
to join the development team to manage a comprehensive annual giving program and develop a formalized alumni program that supports the strategic objectives and philanthropic priorities of Tenacre. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Development.ANNUAL GIVING RESPONSIBILITIES:
ALUMNI RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute an ambitious annual fund program directed to the entire Tenacre constituency, seeking both dollar achievement and participation
- Identify and recruit annual fund volunteers and manage and support their efforts. Prepare volunteer training material and lead training sessions
- Monitor and track annual fund results, process all gifts and generate receipts and acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Prepare reporting and materials for development committee meetings. Work with the Development Committee Chair to provide updates and prepare for visits and meetings
- Update constituent records in Raiser's Edge and maintain backup documentation; reconcile gift records with the business office
- Prepare necessary reports for ongoing annual fund tracking and annual audit
- Coordinate with other development staff in support of the annual fund and capital campaign
- Create an alumni program that will enhance and foster relations with Tenacre’s alumni
- Create and implement a strategic plan that includes all aspects of alumni programming
- Serve as the alumni communications coordinator, utilizing electronic and social media
- Participate in identifying, cultivating and soliciting alumni to enhance connection to and strengthen philanthropic support of Tenacre
- Develop and execute alumnae/i and reunion programs
- It is expected that the Director of Annual Giving/Alumni Relations will maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in all of the above work
Mail, email or fax letter of introduction and resume to: Jody Barron, Tenacre Country Day School, 78 Benvenue Street, Wellesley, MA 02482.
- 3-5 years of annual fund experience, preferably in a independent school or college/university environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to engage with and enjoy work with various stakeholders
- Proficiency with donor information databases (preferably Raiser's Edge)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, oral and telephone skills a must
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills, including ability to be a self-starter
- Interest in serving as positive institutional ambassador and playing an active role in community
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small shop
- Bachelor's degree
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 781-237-7057. Please NO phone calls.
Tenacre Country Day School is a small, co-educational day school for children in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Six in Wellesley, MA. Our mission is to “nurture and challenge each child, every day.” Everything we do at Tenacre is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of classroom subjects and other activities. As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind. Tenacre is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the school please visit our website www.tenacrecds.org.
|Substitute Teachers (Grades PK-6)|
Tenacre is seeking qualified substitute teachers Grades PK-6. Applicants must be college graduates and have experience in a classroom setting. Please send resume and three references to:
The following are some of the benefits offered by Tenacre:
Current employees may click on the following link to learn more about Tenacre's benefits program: Tenacre Benefits Website
, Prospective employees, please contact the Business Office at 781-431-8575, x208 for a temporary password to access the Tenacre Benefits Website.