Tenacre is a relatively small school with 192 students in Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade and has a staff of 60. There are two teachers in every homeroom, plus special subject teachers for art, computer, library, music, PE, science and Spanish. Tenacre also has resource teachers for reading and math, a learning consultant and a technology coordinator. We have our own custodial/maintenance staff and also have our own food service staff. Supporting the operation of the school are the academic, admission, business and development offices.
Tenacre has a warm, friendly work environment. All staff are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities throughout the year, from community service projects with students to talking with the students about a hobby or trip during an assembly, or even attending "tadpole graduation" with the Third Grade in the Spring! Everyone on the staff works to enhance the learning experience of the children from direct teaching, to maintaining the facilities, to providing a nutritious lunch each day. All staff are considered valuable members of the Tenacre community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.
|Assistant to the Director of Enrollment Management|
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management
Tenacre Country Day School seeks an experienced, outgoing Assistant to the Director of Enrollment Management to collaborate in all phases of the admission and re-enrollment cycles throughout the year. This is a 30-hour per week position, 10 months of the year.
Tenacre is a small, co-educational day school for children in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Six in Wellesley MA. Our mission is to “nurture and challenge each child, every day.” As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind. For more information about the school please visit our website @ www.tenacrecds.org.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Fields all initial Admission calls, providing prospective applicant families with support and guidance, as well as a feel for the school. Provides Enrollment Director with preliminary evaluations based on these contacts.
- Exercises personal discretion and judgment while sheparding families through the Admission process working as part of the team charged with maintaining full enrollment.
- Schedules all Admission tours, as well as individual child visits to our Learning Consultant. May also lead Admission tours, as needed. Must be able to effectively showcase the School and its programs.
- Processes applications for admission, enters data into a FileMaker database, sets up files, verifies completeness of application folders. In addition, generates Admission decision letters and other reports.
- Assists Director in planning and organizing special events for prospective and new families. Acts as point person with the Tenacre TPA. May represent the school at a variety of off-campus events.
- Responsible for preparing student enrollment contracts and related materials. Coordinates with the Business Office and Smart Tuition billing system to ensure the timely return of contracts and deposits.
- Works collaboratively with the Director and the Director of Communications to formulate, schedule and produce all advertising and marketing efforts.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in a school setting. Other demonstrated skills should include:
- Courtesy, discretion and tact to work sensitively with prospective applicant families, current parents and faculty, both over the telephone and in person. Attention to detail critical.
- Computer literacy in a Macintosh environment; including facility with FileMaker Pro, Excel and Word. Familiarity with InResonance and InDesign a plus.
- Experience working in a busy team environment, plus the organizational skills to handle high volume of work from time-to-time, while maintaining a sense of humor.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Starts: ASAP
Mail, email or fax letter of introduction and resume to: Sam Reece, Tenacre Country Day School, 78 Benvenue Street, Wellesley, MA 02482. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Fax: 781-237-7057. Please NO
Tenacre School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of disability, race, color, sexual orientation, citizenship or ethnic origin. Any questions in this regard should be directed to the Head of School, Christian Elliot.
|Substitute Teachers (Grades PK-6)|
Tenacre is seeking qualified substitute teachers Grades PK-6. Applicants must be college graduates and have experience in a classroom setting. Please send resume and three references to:
The following are some of the benefits offered by Tenacre:
Current employees may click on the following link to learn more about Tenacre's benefits program: Tenacre Benefits Website
, Prospective employees, please contact the Business Office at 781-431-8575, x208 for a temporary password to access the Tenacre Benefits Website.