Tenacre is a relatively small school with 196 students in Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade and has a staff of 60. There are two teachers in every homeroom, plus special subject teachers for art, computer, library, music, PE, science and Spanish. Tenacre also has resource teachers for reading and math, a learning consultant and a technology coordinator. We have our own custodial/maintenance staff and also have our own food service staff. Supporting the operation of the school are the academic, admission, business and development offices.
Tenacre has a warm, friendly work environment. All staff are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities throughout the year, from community service projects with students to talking with the students about a hobby or trip during an assembly, or even attending "tadpole graduation" with the Third Grade in the Spring! Everyone on the staff works to enhance the learning experience of the children from direct teaching, to maintaining the facilities, to providing a nutritious lunch each day. All staff are considered valuable members of the Tenacre community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.
|Elementary Level Technology Teacher - Full-time Position|
Tenacre’s mission is to nurture and challenge each child every day. Everything we do is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of homeroom and special subjects, along with other activities. As a school dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre values not only the importance of teaming with in a department, but also the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We provide our teachers with numerous professional development opportunities and a collegial atmosphere.
As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind.
• 3-5 years minimum recent elementary level experience in this field
• Knowledge and expertise with technology today at the elementary level
• Strong interpersonal skills for colleague communication and parent contact
• Strong written and oral skills
• Master’s preferred
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Teach Technology classes to Grades 1-4
• Teacher/Staff Training and Presentations
• Works with and reports to the Director of Instructional Technology
• Curriculum Development: Design curriculum for technology classes; collaborate with teachers to design units and activities that integrate technology; assist in implementing technology in the classroom including co-teach with teachers as needed; keep teachers abreast of new applications of interest
• Assist staff, students, committees, presenters with software or minor hardware problems as needed
• Assist with setup, organization and troubleshooting of audiovisual equipment
• Oversee technology subscriptions
Professional Development and Mentor Coordinator
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Tenacre welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and encourages candidates of color to apply.
|Substitute Teachers (Grades PK-6)|
Tenacre is seeking qualified substitute teachers Grades PK-6 for the 2015-2016 school year. Applicants must be college graduates and have experience in a classroom setting. Please send resume and three references to:
The following are some of the benefits offered by Tenacre:
Current employees may click on the following link to learn more about Tenacre's benefits program: Tenacre Benefits Website
, Prospective employees, please contact the Business Office at 781-431-8575, x208 for a temporary password to access the Tenacre Benefits Website.